[Vtigercrm-developers] About role / profile / groups

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Thu Nov 10 22:10:48 PST 2011

Hi Pere,

Not sure if I am getting you right.

Situation:-

   - Record is assigned to group
   - Module is set to private (From Sharing access)

Users you can edit the record:

   1. Users should belong to the group to which the record is assigned.
   2. User has to be at a higher role to the members of the record assigned
   group.
   3. Users with admin privileges.
   4. Users with a profile, where Edit All and View All permission is
   enabled.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Pere <porga at fundacioequilibri.org> wrote:

> Hi Asha,
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Asha <asha at vtiger.com> wrote:
> > Hi Pere,
> > You need to create profile, which clearly controls what modules and
> fields
> > can a user with this particular profile view/edit or delete.
> > You can have multiple profiles for a user, through multiple roles.
> > So you basically create profiles for least permissions required to
> highest
> > permissions, upward. You can split up one particular profile into
> multiple
> > profiles, so that specific smaller profiles can be reused across multiple
> > roles.
> > Hope this will help you to get started with profile and role creation.
> >

> The fact is that our need is a type of member ownership.
> That is, the information of vtiger CRM modules must be only editable
> for users who are part of the group that has the ownership of the
> record.
>
> When we chose vtiger CRM we thought that was possible. Is this
> feasible using vtiger CRM?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Pere