[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5.3.0 RC is now available

praneeth K praneeth at vtiger.com
Tue Nov 1 08:46:50 PDT 2011

Hi Hovel,

      I have responded below

1. The link for the 64bit version refers to the 32bit exe.
Thank you letting us know and sorry for the mistake. You can find the
appropriate download links from this
<http://vtiger.com/get-started/download>page.

2. I removed the 2.0 beta and installed the 2.1 version. The installation
seems to go well but when i start outlook (2003) i cannot find the plugin
Can you let us know which bit version you have installed (64 or 32bit) .
Outlook 2003 supports only 32 bit version

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Luc Van Hove <luc.vanhove at lucassoft.be>wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are glad to announce the release of vtiger CRM 5.3.0 RC today. Thanks
>> for your patience and support in ensuring one more feature full release.
>> This version includes some powerful new features and many usability
>> improvements and around 100+ bug fixes.
>>
>>  vtiger CRM 5.3.0 GA release is expected to be around 2-3 weeks from now
>> and we will be supporting migration path from 5.3.0 RC to 5.3.0 GA.
>>
>>  *Following are some notable features in 5.3.0 RC release:*
>>
>>    - User Configurable Time zone
>>    - Configurable Currency Delimiters
>>    - Mail Manager – A better faster replacement for the Webmails module
>>    - Scheduled Reports that can be emailed automatically
>>    - Config Editor to change settings
>>    - New Outlook plugin – Developed from scratch to work with newer
>>    Windows and Outlook versions.
>>    - Import enhancements – Auto merge feature during import
>>    - Update Fields task in Workflows
>>    - Ability to set default values for fields during record creation
>>    - Workflow enhancements
>>    - Dynamic Picklists – Choices in picklists can be configured based on
>>    another picklist
>>    - Reports enhancement
>>    - Ability to configure Read-Only permission on fields per profile
>>    - Custom view advanced filter and List view advanced search
>>    enhancement
>>
>>  *vtiger CRM 5.3.0 RC downloads:*
>> vtiger CRM Source – vtiger CRM 5.3.0 – RC.tar.gz<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.3.0%20RC/Core%20Product/vtigercrm-5.3.0-RC.tar.gz/download>
>> Customer portal     – vtiger CRM Customerportal.zip<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.3.0%20RC/Add-ons/vtigercrm-customerportal-5.3.0-RC.zip/download>
>> Outlook plugin       – vtiger CRM Outlook Plugin.exe (86-bit)<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.3.0%20RC/Add-ons/vtigerCRM_2.1_Outlook_plugin_x86.exe/download>,  vtiger
>> CRM Outlook Plugin.exe (64-bit)
>> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%205.3.0%20RC/Add-ons/vtigerCRM_2.1_Outlook_plugin_x86.exe/download>
>> *
>> Documentation* : http://wiki.vtiger.com
>> *
>> Demo links:*
>> http://demo.vtiger.com
>> http://demo.vtiger.com/portal
>> *
>> Customer portal login credentials:*
>> User name - test at vtiger.com
>> Password  - portal
>> *
>> To Report Issues:*
>>
>>    1. Login to trac.vtiger.com (To get access to trac.vtiger.com, send
>>    an email to info at vtiger.com)
>>    2. Set Milestone as Unassigned. Version to 5.3.0-RC
>>    3. Set appropriate Priority
>>    4. Provide clear description on the issue. make sure to cover the key
>>    aspects like how to reproduce the issue, your php version, browser and

Best Regards,
K Praneeth,