[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger forum search settings - it is OK?

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 05:48:42 PST 2011

Hi vtiger team,

I am working on a project and searching on the forum to find related
information and realized a bug in the search settings.

For example, search phrase (in advanced search or simple search also):

"Contacts related to a Product"

There are only few posts match with this query but I received 89 hits
and this message:

*Search found 89 matches: contacts related to a product
ignored: product contacts to a*

It means the search engine of our forum ignored the part of query and
certainly give a huge amount of hits.

Other example:
"+Contacts +related +Product"  (* Search for all terms or use query as
entered)

It should be AND relation between words.

The search result:

*Search found 3300 matches: +contacts +related +product
ignored: product contacts*

Can you look at it?

Best regards:

Holbok István