[Vtigercrm-developers] module template customizing

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Wed Jul 27 22:53:14 PDT 2011

Hi Christian,

If you want to achieve something very different from what the current List
View shows, then you need to duplicate Smarty/templates/ListView.tpl into
your module templates directory and start modifying it.

But, if you want to do something simple like adding a button or a link,
there are already vtlib apis, that will let you add buttons, links without
touching any of the core files.

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 3:43 PM, C. HECKER <der at checker-sound.de> wrote:

> I have a question about best way to use own module templates. For
> example my module should provide a button like "mass edit" in list view.
>
> At the moment i find the only solution to do this with adding a complete
> new listview.tpl in for example smarty/templates/modules/mymodule/. Is
> that the right way and when yes which listview.tpl should i use as basis
> - smarty/templates/ListView.tpl ?
>
> Sorry but i could not find much about templates in vtiger.
>
> Cheers
> Christian

Asha
vtiger Team