[Vtigercrm-developers] fight vtiger Forum Spams

S R C V Varma Namburi varma at vtiger.com
Wed Feb 23 01:17:22 PST 2011

Dear Frank,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information regarding the vtiger forums
spammers and links of the forums(phpbb3) extensions.

We will review the steps required to allow moderators to control spammers.
At present any registered user can report posts as spam and forum
administrator will ban such post and user.

Please share your valuable ideas or information which will help us to
control the spammers.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Frank Piepiorra <fp at crm-now.de> wrote:

> I saw this morning that some of the spammers email addresses are already
> listed at http://www.stopforumspam.com/country/RU/39
>
> Perhaps it would be helpful to consider the implementation of the following
> forums extensions:
> http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1349145
> http://lithiumstudios.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=941
>
> As another option perhaps you can authorize forum's moderator to bann
> spammers. I am sure the community is glad to help.
>
> Regards,
> Frank

Thanks & Regards,
Varma.