[Vtigercrm-developers] Creating an event to manipulate the save flow from a module

Nicolas Larcipretti niclarcipretti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:35:58 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

I'm trying to develop an event that will manipulate the save flow from a
module. I took as an example the "Leads" module and created an event for it
that is triggered before saving a Lead. I did this because I need to do form
validation server side (security issues). All I need to do now is to find a
way to redirect the save action back to the edit page if there's a
validation error, but I couldn't find anyway to do this. Can anyone give me
a clue on how to manipulate this flow?

Here's my class skeleton just to show you what I'm talking about:

<?php
class CheckSomething extends VTEventHandler {
 function handleEvent($eventName, $data) {
    if($eventName == 'vtiger.entity.beforesave') {
       //VALIDATION AND FLOW CONTROL GOES HERE
    }
  }
}
?>

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

P.S - I'm doing this way cause I can't modify ANYTHING into the VTIGER's
core. Sry...boss especs.