[Vtigercrm-developers] 5.2.0 Some Customer Portal Issues

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 06:45:53 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I had an email from a customer who's having some issues with the CP
yesterday.

First there is a simple typo in the Helpdesk area that needs fixing.
I've raised a ticket for that:
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/6902

I've also noted that there seem to be a (couple of) nasty bug(s) though.

I created a test account on our vtiger system and gave this Contact CP
access.

Using these details I can login via the portal.

If I create a new Ticket, it gets created but, as a user, I simply see
in the CP the following message: "No Tickets Submitted". Emails are sent
with the new ticket ID however.

In Firefox 3.6 I can use the back button which takes me to the "Create a
New Ticket Page". Or I can click on the Ticket heading to see the
tickets. However, clicking on a Ticket Subject simply sends me back to
the "No Tickets Submitted" message.

The URL for a Ticket Subject is like this:

http://ourdomain.com/portal/index.php?module=HelpDesk&action=index&fun=detail&ticketid=4463

Note the part after the fqdn: "/portal"

In my PortalConfig.php file I have:

$Authenticate_Path = "http://ourdomain.com/customerportal";

In config.inc.php I have:

$PORTAL_URL = 'http://ourdomain.com/customerportal';

So where is it getting this "/portal" from?

This happens to be the name of the directory where the Portal code is,
but the portal is accessed within an iframe on a Joomla! website running
in an apache Virtual Host so the URL being generated is wrong IMHO.
Although I'm not sure if this is the cause of the problem or not because
some parts of the CP work, e.g.

http://ourdomain.com/portal/index.php?module=Contacts&action=index&id=4372

will show me the Contact's detail page in the CP.

But

http://ourdomain.com/portal/index.php?module=Faq&action=index&fun=faq_detail&faqid=2027

Displays the a blank FAQ description :-(

Any suggestions?

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com