[Vtigercrm-developers] User provided bugfixes not considered for 5.2?

Christian Koch chri.koch.vier at googlemail.com
Mon May 31 06:23:46 PDT 2010

Dear vtiger team,

a few months ago (september 2009) there was a discussion in this list,
how user contributed patches and reported bugs will be included in the
next version. Prasad wrote, those bugs would be reviewed before the
start of the bug-fixing cycle.
When did the bug-fixing cycle for 5.2 start? I'm just wondering, because
our company reported lots of bugs, most of them even with an appropriate
patch, but these bugs are still open. It seems they are not integrated
into 5.2. Those bugs had been reported up to 9 month (!) ago, and there
is still no response from vtiger.
I'm talking about these bugs e.g.:

http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/6292  (includes patch)
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/6321
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/6377  (includes patch)
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/6518  (includes patch)
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/6519  (includes patch)

It's a bit discouraging to report bugs and develop patches, when they
are not considered for the next release :-( Any response to these bugs
would be better than no response (even "This is patch is so bad, we will
never include it into vtiger because it doesn't fit our quality
guidelines!"). But since we opened the bugs, nothing happened :-(

Regards,
Christian