[Vtigercrm-developers] Ideas and suggestions please?

Musavir Khan musavir at vtiger.com
Wed May 19 06:49:07 PDT 2010

Hi Alan,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 18/05/10 16:47, Musavir Khan wrote:
> > Hi alan,
>
> Thanks for the replies Guiseppe and Musavir.
>
> > getchallenge reponse token is not the life time of the session with life
> > time of token, meaning before 5mins one has to complete the loging
> > operation.
>
> Ahhh, I thought 5 minutes seemed much shorter than my own experiences.
> That now makes sense.
>
> > the session time configuration is as follows.
> >
> > session idle timeout is 30mins
> > session lifespan is 24hrs.
>
> Could you explain a little more here please? If a session idles out
> after 30 minutes and I have to login again anyway what is the "lifespan"
> timer actually for?

if there is now activity then the session timesout in 30mins, if there is
continues activity, basically session is not idle for 30mins b/w calls then
the session is terminated after 24hrs.

> > javascript lets you run interval-ed tasks to i recommend you ping the
> > server every 25 or 28 mins.
>
> Yes, I am thinking of using the javascript setTimeout() function for
> this. Am I correct in assuming that I should use the "ExtendSession"
> webservices call to refresh the session timer?

Extendsession is used if you plan the use webservices from withing vtiger,
where the user has already logged in. any webservice call will keep it from
timing out.

Thanks,
MAK