[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger offline client future

Carlo Beschi carloz at gnumerica.org
Sun Mar 28 23:56:19 PDT 2010

Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries ha scritto:
> On 3/28/2010 1:51 PM, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
>> On 28/03/10 19:00, Carlo Beschi wrote:

>>> what are vtiger team plans for the vtiger offline project?
>>>
>>> http://forge.vtiger.com/frs/?group_id=181
>>>
>>> that was a very cool experiment, and of course a complete offline client
>>> for vtiger CRM would be a killer app ...
>>>
>> I was reading earlier about a guy who wants to have on [and off]line
>> access to the Ubuntu One service (this is a bit like like dropbox) on
>> his android phone. He was looking at HTML5 for that.
>>
>> There is also Mozilla's Prism http://prism.mozillalabs.com/ which would
>> be worth a look.
>>
>> Alan
>>
> Not sure if anybody has looked into it or thought about it, but Adobe
> AIR allows for the creation of desktop applications that are
> cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux), and that use HTML & AJAX ... very
> interesting concept, and might be useful for creating offline application!
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/air2/

i have some basic knowledge both of prism and adobe AIR (i do have a
number of adobe AIR desktop apps on my ubuntu ;-)

coding an AIR client for vtiger CRM is something i've been thinking of
(but far beyond my personal capabilities ;-)

please keep me informed of any effort in that direction

another interesting path to explore is that of offline apps for iphone ...
see:
http://mobiforge.com/developing/story/offline-iphone-web-apps

ciao
carloz