[Vtigercrm-developers] setRelatedList API - Feature Request : Filter target module

David V. davidv.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:12:53 PDT 2010

The setRelatedList API is extremely important for us who need to adapt
Vtiger to specials requirements.

One question I still have is : is it possible to pre-filter the records in
the windows that pops-up when I click Add on a related list ?

Exemple : I have a module Payslip. I want it to be related to the module
Account so I can select Accounts to add to the More information tab of a
specific Payslip.

I use the setRelatedList API as described in VtigerCRM_5.1.0_Vtlib.pdf and
it works perfectly.

Now suppose that I want to show only a subset of the Accounts when I click
on the Add button in the related list. For example I want to display only
accounts from a specific city.

Is there already a way to do that ?

If not, would it be possible to add an other argument to the setRelatedList
API ?

Vtiger_Module->setRelatedList(<TARGET MODULE>[, <HEADER LABEL>, <ALLOWED
ACTIONS>, <CALLBACK FUNCTION NAME>, <FILTER FUNCTION NAME>]);

<FILTER FUNCTION NAME>
Optional (default = everything)
The function should be defined in the <SOURCE MODULE> class.
This should filter the records in the <TARGET MODULE> popup before
displaying.

David V.