[Vtigercrm-developers] PHP 5.3 Support

Musavir Khan musavir at vtiger.com
Thu Jun 10 09:18:32 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Migration On PHP 5.3(if you are migrating both vtiger and php in this cycle)
is failing as behaviour of crypt API has, we are using first two letters of
user name as salt for crypt API.

for eg: if user is bob then salt for md5 encyption would like,

$salt = '$1$bo$';

but, this is causing crypt API to return a different value compared to
earlier version and it return a different value relative to previous call
every time apache is restarted.

for this, we a thinking of introducing another step to migrated users to PHP
5.3 way of encryption one that will a salt value given in crypt
documentation and then finally let them migrate to vtiger CRM 5.2.0.

If you know the reason for why crypt is returning different value compared
to earlier version or any solution this problem please share the same.

Thanks,
MAK