[Vtigercrm-developers] php 5.3 [was: Thunderbird 3 extension update]

Carlo Beschi carloz at gnumerica.org
Tue Jun 1 00:37:39 PDT 2010

Prasad, team,

Il 29/05/2010 03:18, Prasad ha scritto:
> Alan,
>
> There are changes to earlier behavior API most of the changes are
> internal and enhancements.
>
> Our team is reviewing the issues that is cropping up on PHP 5.3 based on
> the stability,
> the support will be decided.

please please please think a lot before eventually releasing vtiger 5.2
without php 5.3 support.

As you are for sure aware of, php 5.3 has been part of stable XAMP
packages for months now, and is also part of the latest Ubuntu distro
(4.10) + LAMP -  just to mention two quite popular stacks.

(php 5.3 itself is out since June 2009:
http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.3.0
5.3.2 since March 2010)

It's not me who decides, sure :-))) but if it were me I would even
postpone vtiger CRM 5.2 GA release of a whole month, if this meant the
chance to grant php 5.3 official support.

I'm not talking of taking full advantage of php 5.3 new features. I'm
talking of having vtiger not breaking if running on top of 5.3.

Peace,
Carlo(z)