[Vtigercrm-developers] Quick question on the Customer Portal

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 05:11:17 PST 2010

Hi all,

I've a question about the config for the Customer Portal
(PortalConfig.php) and the $upload_dir location.

Is there any need for the files that get stored in there to be
persistent? i.e. Once a file has been uploaded by a user, presumably it
is sent to vtiger and can be deleted?

My question was triggered by a bug report on our project page:
http://forge.vtiger.com/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=222&group_id=222&atid=915.

As /tmp tends to be volatile and not persistent storage originally, I'd
made $upload_dir to be within the CustomerPortal tree, e.g.
$Authenticate_Path/tmp as I assumed we should keep these files around,
but perhaps there is no need.

I think Giuseppe is probably right and so have closed it for now.

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com