[Vtigercrm-developers] Workflow Custom Functions

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 11:49:36 PDT 2010

On 24/08/10 19:10, Prasad wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
>     $newProject = Project::getInstance('Project');
>
> This is vtlib API to administer the module fields/blocks etc...will not
> help in creating module records.
>
> Easy way to create module records (5.1.0 onwards), is using Server Side
> Webservice API
<snip />
> $resultRecord = vtws_create( 'ModuleName', $parameters, $current_user );

Ahhaa. Cool, thanks Prasad.

I thought there would be "another way". I started looking at the Import
module code but gave that up as a non-starter.

Webservices looks like a fine idea. I just hacked a quick test together
but that fails with a:

"Warning: require(user_privileges/user_privileges_.php): failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in
/var/www/vt520/include/utils/UserInfoUtil.php on line 4230"

error.

But I think I need to build a simple WebServices browser first. I have
no information about what fields of the Project module are exposed
through the API (if any yet). And there seems to have been quite a few
improvements made to it mentioned here 5.2.0:
http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/vtiger520:Release_Notes

Thanks again,

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com