[Vtigercrm-developers] Send Email with PDF doesn't retrieve Contact's email address

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Mon Aug 23 02:55:15 PDT 2010

Hi Alan\The "To" field to be auto-populated by the Contact's email address
was not as part of the initial design. But sounds like what a basic design
should include. I have added this as a enhancement request on our trac list.
The other issue you noticed with Internal Mail Composer, is a known issue
and already on trac.

Following are the links to the above mentioned two trac tickets:-

http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/6030
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/6825

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Open the Detail View of a Quote.
>
> Choose "Send Email with PDF".
>
> Why doesn't the "To:" field of the email automatically contain the
> Contact Name's email address?
>
> This occurs in both 5.1.0 and 5.2.0.
>
> Should I record this a bug or is this "by design"? If it's by design,
> why? It seems to me for most times this feature creates additional work
> (clicks) and introduces the likelihood of error, e.g. Adding the wrong
>

> contact name.
>
> Cheers
>
> Al
>
> PS - I also just noticed that I have "Internal Mail Composer" set to
> "no". So shouldn't the above option open my OS setting's default email
> client rather than the Internal Mail Composer?
>
> --
> The Open Learning Centre
> http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com

Asha