[Vtigercrm-developers] Workflow Custom Functions

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Sat Aug 21 03:27:54 PDT 2010

Adding custom function ability to workflow involves two steps:

   1. Writing the handler function for the module (preferable to place the
   file under target module directory)
   2. Register the handler function to Workflow module (which makes it
   available to be used when creating workflow task)

You can find the example in the attachment of the mail.

   - Unzip the file into root directory of vtigercrm.

   - Execute the script RegisterWorkFlowHandler.Leads.php
   - It registers Leads_WorkflowTask_FollowupFn as custom function for Leads
      module in Workflow.

      - modules/Leads/CustomWorkFlowHandler.php - defines function
   Leads_WorkflowTask_FollowupFn

   - When you are creating the Workflow you can use Invoke Custom Function
   Task and choose this handler function.

NOTE: Please make sure the custom function does not terminate abruptly or
consume more time in executing (like waiting for mail dispatch etc..). This
could cause performance impact or unexpected behavior.

Keep us posted with your experiments.

Regards,
Prasad