[Vtigercrm-developers] i18n Questions. Was: vtiger CRM 5.2.0 RC released

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 02:01:43 PDT 2010

On 04/08/10 09:27, Alan Lord (News) wrote:

> I hope to have a British English language pack available shortly... :-)

This is interesting.

Prior to actually installing the vtigercrm, there are now quite a few
modules that do not actually exist in the freshly extracted directory
tree, e.g. the optional packages: Assets, Projects etc.

Looking at the bundled French.zip language pack, I see it includes some
of these optional language files but not, for example, the
CustomerPortal, Mobile, ModComments, Project, Vtiger Backup & Webforms
translations. The Dutch package includes the Webforms module but not the
Project module.

The Spanish pack seems to include most, if not all, of them.

Now, lets suppose I install vtiger 5.2, And I choose to *not* install
the Projects module. What happens if I install the Spanish language pack
that does include the translations for Project, ProjectMilestone and
ProjectTask?

What happens if it is the other way round? I *install* the Project
module and choose the French language pack. There is no translation for
these modules in the supplied package.

Is there a correct process to creating these language packs?

Also, I note that the Spanish pack has the translations for
cron/phpmailer and the calendar. When I started making the British
English pack I also found there is a translation facility for the
{f}ckeditor. These files do not confirm the naming convention
en_xx.lang.php and so are not actually installed by the module importer.
So how is this supposed to happen properly?

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com