[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5.1.0: on PHP 5.3.0 - an experiment

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:19:22 PDT 2010

On 25/02/10 05:34, Prasad wrote:
> The download is now made available at
> http://forge.vtiger.com/projects/vtexperiment/

> <http://forge.vtiger.com/frs/?group_id=238&release_id=617>
>
> On 1/5/10, *Prasad* <prasad at vtiger.com
> <mailto:prasad at vtiger.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Team,
>
>     vtiger CRM 5.1.0 installation on PHP 5.3.0 was an experiment that
>     was carried out recently,
>     after noticing the crypt PHP API showing inconsistent behavior.
>
>     An attempt was made to build an experimental patch for 5.1.0 to work
>     on PHP 5.3.0 which is attached in this mail.

Hi Prasad,

thanks for this.

I was setting up a new demo of vtiger on an Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) system.
(This currently ships with php 5.3.2).

The install process appears to work OK right up until the final "Finish"
screen.

Without your patch the finish screen is blank below the "Finish" icon
and there is no button.

Logging in to the system as admin works but there is no data - even
though I selected the "populate database with demo data" button. The db
itself and all the tables looked to have been created properly.

This was really throwing me until I remembered your post about 5.3.

I started again, applied your patch and the install process seems to
have worked properly this time. vtiger gave me the correct "Finish"
screen and has populated the CRM with data.

I repeated this (the bit when it didn't work) quite a few times and so I
believe is consistently repeatable.

As Lucid Lynx will be released in 10 days time, and the server version
is LTS (Long Term Support) I think you need to make it clear on your
website/forum/blog that there is a current issue with php version 5.3.
and with Ubuntu 10.04.

There is an example here of "forcing" the debian package manager to look
at the older 9.10 repositories enabling users to install php5.2:

Cheers

Alan

--
The Open Learning Centre