[Vtigercrm-developers] Forge structure

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 00:29:46 PDT 2010

On 14/04/10 08:09, Prasad wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> We are interested in learning about the auto updates for the extension.
> You can give it a try.

Thanks. So the forge ssh and project's web directory are staying for the
foreseeable future then? The problem is if this facility goes away, we
need prior notice so we can issue an update and point the next version
at a new location *before* we move it.

One "feature" which would be very helpful is support for https. Without
it (currently https is redirected to Trac by the looks of it) we have to
digitally sign the manifest file and each update notice. Whilst this is
not hard to do, the app Mozilla provide (McCoy:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/McCoy) is really only suitable for a
single user and needs to be in a fairly secure and controlled location.

So any chance of https to project home directories? Which in this
instance is: http://vttb3.forge.vtiger.com/

Cheers

Al