[Vtigercrm-developers] Forge structure

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:17:50 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Can someone from vtiger just comment on something please?

I am considering adding automatic updates to the Thunderbird 3 extension.

The way the Mozilla code deals with auto-updates
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Extension_Versioning,_Update_and_Compatibility#Automatic_Add-on_Update_Checking)
means we need a little more control of the destination URL that the
extension checks than is available through the regular forge or CRM
Extension web interfaces.

Fortunately, ssh access to forge project accounts and their web
(htdocs/) directory appear to be about perfect.

So, I want to check that there are no plans to remove or change this
facility in the near future and that it is OK to use for this purpose?

 From my initial readings, it appears as though we'll will only need to
store a single XML file which gets updated with each release at this
location. We can point to *any* URL to retrieve the actual upgraded
extension file with each update.

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com