[Vtigercrm-developers] Modules naming : Best practices ?

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Wed Sep 30 08:15:03 PDT 2009

Following are the revised conventions. (Let us improve it as we go along, so
feel free to add)

* Please have a short-prefix for the module developed by you
  - The short-prefix could be a name of your company or reverse domain name
like java package. This helps in avoiding name-clashes over a long time.
  - Example: From mycompany.com, the preferable module name would be:
MyComModule
* Prefix your tables (with custom_yourmodule) related to modules as well.
This is very important.
  - Example: custom_mycompany_basetable.
* Avoid module or table names without the prefix. This might clash with
standard modules/tables.
* You can control the display name of module through translation.
  - This helps in controlling suffixing with 's' or not accordingly.