[Vtigercrm-developers] Modules naming : Best practices ?

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Mon Sep 28 01:39:53 PDT 2009

Hi David,

Following are few conventions I would like to suggest: (Let us improve it as
we go along, so feel free to add)

* Please have a short-prefix for the module developed by you
  - The short-prefix could be a name of your company or reverse domain name
like java package. This helps in avoiding name-clashes over a long time.
  - Example: From mycompany.com, the preferable module name would be:
MyComModule
* Prefix your tables related to modules as well. This is very important.
* Avoid module or table names without the prefix. This might clash with
standard modules/tables.
* You can control the display name of module through translation.
  - This helps in controlling suffixing with 's' or not accordingly.

Regards,
Prasad