[Vtigercrm-developers] Can not delete a custom field in Vtiger 5.1.0

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Fri Sep 18 00:43:41 PDT 2009

Hi Pol Jané,

Sorry to complicate the issue. In 5.1.0, you have an option to delete the
custom field from Layout Editor itself. Layout editor has a Edit button for
each field, clicking on which provides you some configuration options for
the field. Along with that, it also has a Delete button to delete the field.

Let us know if this is not what you are looking for.

On 9/17/09, Pol Jané <pol at gnun.net> wrote:

>  Oh! wtf, ok
>
> thanks this is so helpfull, I will try to use vtlib API (I ussually use
> phpmyadm) to do it so you know if it's posted to include to future versions
> of vt as an enchancement?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pol Jane
>
> En/na Asha ha escrit:
>
> Hi Pol Jané,
>
> There is no direct way (UI), to delete a custom field added in vtiger
> 5.1.0.
>
> Once a field is added, if  you feel they are not required, you can make
> them inactive from Layout Editor.
>
> If you have deleted a block by mistake and the fields still belong to the
> deleted block, you may go and update the block id for those fields in
> vtiger_field table.
>
> If you want to permanently delete a field, I would suggest you to use vtlib
> api to do it.
>
> On 9/17/09, Pol Jané <pol at gnun.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi There!,
>>
>>     I'm developing a project for a customer and I can't find how to delete
>> a custom field?
>>

>>     Is possible to do it? If not what can I do if somebody make a mistake
>> during the project development?
>>
>>     I've created 3 or 4 fields called -> FCON, FCON2, etc,... and after a
>> mistake I deleted the block but when I try to create the module it seems to
>> be present somewhere (DB?) and I can create another field with the same
>> name.
>>
>> Sorry 4 my bad english
>>
>> Thanks in advance ;)
>> --