[Vtigercrm-developers] [vtigercrm-developers] Currency field incorrectly computed from a field formulas

Frederic Dutreuil frederic.dutreuil at prima-solutions.com
Fri Oct 16 10:19:08 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I am using vtiger with 2 currencies (euro and USD). The base currency is
euro as it is the first one displayed in the currency section and it cannot
be removed. I am using vtiger CRM 5.1.0.

In the potential section, I created a custom field (called Potential Value)
of type currency and a field formulas which computes the custom field
according to the Amount and Probability fields (just multiplying the 2
values).

When a user, which currency is set to euro (the base currency), creates a
new potential my custom field is correctly computed. If I enter Amount =
100,000 and probability = 10%, my custom field reads 10,000.

However when a user which currency is set to USD creates a new potential,
the custom field is incorrectly computed. For example if the amount =
100,000 $ and the probability = 10%, the custom fields reads 6992.7 $ !
It looks like in addition to applying the field formula, an automatic
conversion is also applied.

Then if I log in as a user which currency is set to euro, I will see for
this field 4890 euros meaning the value is again converted.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Frederic