[Vtigercrm-developers] Displaying extra fields on the gui - vtiger 5.0.4

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Thu Mar 26 11:20:52 PDT 2009

Hi Hardev,

To add more fields to 'Activities' or 'Acitivity History' in the related
list of any module, you will have to change the $list_fields array in
modules/Calendar/Activity.php

And the queries to add new column to <module>_cf table is handled in the
file modules/Settings/AddCustomFieldToDB.php file and the line of code that
actual does this, is as follows:

$adb->alterTable($tableName, $columnName." ".$type, "Add_Column");

On 3/5/09, Hardev Bassan <Hardev.Bassan at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:

> All,
>
> I would like to display some more database fields from the activity
> database (For example - fields duration_hours and duration_minutes) in the
> potentials -additional information - activity History area.
>
> Can you suggest what files and code I will need to change to get this
> affect. example please.
> see attached pdfs
>
> Also, when I add a new custom field to a module, I can see the additional
> change in the xXX_CF table. But, when I search for relevant strings in the
> source files under htdocs - I don't find any other than in the logs (because
> debug is enabled). I am using windows XP to do the search.
>
> Where are the new code related to the additional field in the _CF table.
> Help!
>
> Regards
>
> Hardev

Asha