[Vtigercrm-developers] Migration Issue - Need Help

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 09:34:27 PDT 2009

On 27/07/09 16:09, Asha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> People have been reporting us a major issue with migration, where the
> script that changes the MyISAM tables to InnoDB tables is not working.
>
> We are trying to reproduce this issue in our test labs and have not
> succeeded yet.
>
> Whole problem is around the query 'SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM <database-name>'.
>
> Would be great if anyone can provide us a helping hand in analyzing or
> resolving the issue. Possibly if anyone can reproduce this issue on
> their servers and can give us the access to the server, that would help
> a lot.
>
> Hoping to get a resolution for this issue soon so that people can
> migrate to vtiger 5.1.0 smoothly.

I had some issues with the upgrade but not to do with the InnoDB table
conversion.

The bog problem was that the database upgrade routine did not check the
version info in the vtiger_version table and when I stupidly backed up a
5.0.4 db but told the install script it was a 5.1.0 RC it went through
happily and completed. But the install was completely borked.

Took me a while to work out what I was doing wrong...

But the InnoDB change has worked fine for me several times over.

PHP version: PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.6 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2
MySQL version: Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for debian-linux-gnu (i486)
using readline 5.2

HTH

Alan