[Vtigercrm-developers] How does vtiger store plus symbols (+) in the database?

Stephen Mack stephen at trax.cl
Tue Jan 13 12:37:16 PST 2009

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for the reply.  I have dumped the database and this is what I get for
the field.  Please look at the attached jpg to see the screen shots.

"leadid";"cf_450";"cf_452";"cf_454";"cf_456"
"22";"1";"0";;"15  Weeks"

BTW, When I translate the "15  Weeks" into hex, I get the following:
%31%35%20%20%57%65%65%6B%73

It seems that the + sign is replaced with a space (a test I was sure I
tried) but with that knowledge it seems to be working ... I now search for
"15[space][space]Weeks" and I find my records.

--Stephen

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Prasad <prasad at vtiger.com> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Can you share a screenshot of the issue being pointed in vtiger CRM?
>
> Regards,
> Prasad
> vtiger Team
>
> On 1/13/09, Stephen Mack <stephen at trax.cl> wrote:
>
>> I have a custom picklist field in the lead database (actually it's stored
>> in the vtiger.leadscf database).  I use the phpmyadmin to view the data and
>> the + sign is not there (although when I use vtiger it's displayed
>> correctly).
>>
>> My problem is that when I access the database directly to do searches, I
>> can't find the records.  I suspect that a special "non printable" character
>> is being inserted.
>>
>> What might that character be?
>>
>> --Stephen

>> Reach hundreds of potential candidates - http://jobs.vtiger.com