[Vtigercrm-developers] two modules missing in $app_strings;

Asha asha at vtiger.com
Wed Feb 25 22:09:47 PST 2009

Hi All,

It is better to use getTranslatedString api to get the translated version of
a string instead of $app_strings or $mod_strings.

With 5.1.0 and Vtlib, our main idea is to develop things without touching
the core files. So we do not want to touch include/language/en_us.lang.php
file to add the language strings.

Instead the language strings should be added to
<ModuleName>/language/en_us.lang.php for the newly added modules.
getTranslatedString should let you fetch from this file, if the language
translation doesn't exist in $app_strings.

On 2/25/09, Prasad <prasad at vtiger.com> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Can you please check if this is the issue with 5.1.0-validation1 as well.
>
> Regards,
> Prasad
> vtiger Team
>
> On 2/25/09, Joe Bordes <joe at tsolucio.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>
>> Without this the menu entrance is not translated correctly.
>>
>> http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/5443
>>
>> Joe
>> TSolucio
>>
>> Prasad escribió:
>>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Thanks for the update with vtlib module we are trying to make sure, the
>> core files are not touched/modified.
>>
>> Hence the entries are not updated in $app_strings ... please do point at
>> places where this could cause an issue.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Prasad
>> vtiger Team
>>
>> On 2/25/09, David fire <ddfire at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi
>>> sorry for the missunderstood.
>>> the string in the array $app_strings are missing.
>>> the file  vtiger/include/language/en_us.lang.php
>>> David

>>> --
>>> (\__/)
>>> (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
>>> (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

>>> Reach hundreds of potential candidates - http://jobs.vtiger.com

>> Reach hundreds of potential candidates - http://jobs.vtiger.com

>> Reach hundreds of potential candidates - http://jobs.vtiger.com

Asha