[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger 5.x - insert into database - quotes

Erica Lahoda erical at lynxts.com
Sun Sep 14 11:46:58 PDT 2008

What I am trying to do is allow a client to select some options on our
web site, then I was hoping to insert their options/products into the
quote table inside vTiger, and then auto email the sales team so they
know someone requested a quote. It will make it easier down the road to
convert these quotes to sales orders if they were auto entered.

I am new to vtiger, but have developed crm systems in other languages
before, so I'm familiar with the terms and data. I just need a few
pointers to any code within vtiger I can use to insert into the
database... or is it safe to just insert a record right into the quotes
table?

Thanks

Erica