[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 5.0.4. upgrade documentation

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 19:02:12 PDT 2008

Many thanks to all for the hard work. Your efforts really are appreciated.

I am trying to do a little work on it myself to 'put something back in
the pot' and will be back with some questions.

I don't know whether this is the right place to post a small comment but
this might save an awful lot of queries over the coming months !

One thing I noticed when upgrading from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 was the differing
documentation regarding the upgrade process.

1. http://www.vtiger.com/products/crm/vtigercrm-504-Release-Notes.pdf
Section 7

2.
http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Vtiger_CRM_-_Database_Migration_Procedure

3. Notes on screen during the upgrade - can't remember exactly but it
was some changes to config.inc.php I think

Each are a little different and thoroughly confused me at the time -
it's bad enough playing about with your precious database on the best of
days..... !!

Would it be worth someone casting an eye over these and 'unifying' them ?

Good luck to you all for the future.

B. Rgds
John Crisp