[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 5.0.4 Released

Torsten Zenk tzenk at gmx.net
Tue Mar 11 05:01:20 PDT 2008

This is very good News,
thanks for your patience and your hard work to all of you at vtiger and
the worldwide contributors and community.
It´s great to be into the worlds best Open source CRM and great to be in
this helpful community.

Best Regards
Torsten Zenk

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the release of vtiger 5.0.4.

This release addresses about 900 issues covering stability, security,
UTF-8, other bug-fixes and a few feature enhancements.

Note for Developers: Some changes have been made in 5.0.4 relating to
the database APIs to address some security and performance issues.

Please see the release notes:
http://www.vtiger.com/products/crm/vtigercrm-504-Release-Notes.pdf

You can find the downloads at this link:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=117522&package_id=266735
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=117522&package_id=266735>

Thank you all for your patience and invaluable support to reach this
milestone. It has taken longer than we originally planned,
but it was necessary to achieve our goal of putting out a solid release.
One particular area which consumed a lot of time was
the UTF-8 support and the related migration issues. The release also
addresses some critical security related issues reported by the community.

We welcome your feedback. Please report any issues on
http://trac.vtiger.com or on the http://forums.vtiger.com

The patch to migrate from earlier versions to 5.0.4 will be made
available soon.

Regards,
Prasad
vtiger Team