[Vtigercrm-developers] Office 2007 Plugin ?

Daud Sweetland daud.sweetland at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:15:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am currently customizing and installing VTiger at a client site to replace
their currently "collection" of solutions and software centralizing all
their customer, client and company data into a single CRM system.

They use Office 2003 on XP and Vista heavily and so I have build Word
templates for mail merges using the Office 2003 Plug-in.

However, you can no longer buy 2003 and they already don't really have
enough licenses for the number of people who will be using VTiger; therefore
they are looking at alternatives, being Office 2007 and Open Office.

I have heard and seen emails in this group to the effect that an Open Office
plug-in is being worked on and wondered if there was any ETA on this or if
indeed there was an Office 2007 plug-in on the way (the 2003 version so very
nearly works with Office 2007 - surely there cannot be that much to do to
get it to work properly ?? )

Anyway any news would be very helpful in planning the direction to head from
here.

Thanks

Daud Sweetland