[Vtigercrm-developers] A challenging problem for youguruvtigerdevelopers out there

Andrew Rodes arodes at onweald.com
Mon Jan 14 00:17:21 PST 2008

Well I upgraded php to 5.2.5 on both instances, and still got the weird
result on one and not the other.

However, I fixed the performance issue with a work around that doesn’t make
much sense, but worked. I read this forum post a few days ago, but couldn’t
see how commenting out debug print lines would speed things up. But, that
did the trick. However, I did narrow it down to the exact variable causing
the ruckus ($list_result) , so I only had to comment out 2 lines:

In ListViewUtils.php:

$log->debug("Entering getValue(".$field_result.",".
$list_result.",".$fieldname.",".get_class($focus).",".$module.",".$entity_id
.",".$list_result_count.",".$mode.",".$popuptype.",".$returnset.",".$viewid.
") method ...");

$log->debug("Entering getSearchListViewEntries(".get_class($focus).",".
$module.",".$list_result.",".$navigation_array.") method ...");

There must be a bug in php or apache or mysql ( no idea) that returns the
entire result set to $list_result when its evaluated for printing. My guess
is that the libmysql.dll must have a default _tostring method in there in
some versions.

Anyway, Ill post this to the forum as well in that slow popup thread.

Andy