[Vtigercrm-developers] creating a test module/tab - best approach..

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 8 19:34:01 PST 2008

Hi Tony/David.

I've taken a look at the pdf docs for the vtlib. I'm trying to wrap my head
around exactly what the payslip app does.

I see that it performs some db functions, as well as connecting into the
vTiger app... But I can't see where the UI stuff occurs. I'm assuming this
is in the Smarty Template stuff, that's not provided.

If I simply wanted to create a "copy" of an existing module/tab, that I
could then modify... is there an example somewhere that I can play around
with?

Basically, I'm looking to create a test module, that will allow a user to
select an account/contact that the user will work with. The current version
of vTiger doesn't appear to allow this kind of functionality.

Thanks

-bruce