[Vtigercrm-developers] Custom Invoice Number

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Tue May 15 16:56:04 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have just looked at this code.
I believe that this is not the correct way to solve the autoincrement
problem
Perfectioning the code that already exists in forum/wiki for this you
would have had a more complete solution that would serve any module.
Instead you have whipped up your own solution which is probably not
multi-user safe, you have hardcoded english text into a checkduplicate
function which would not be necessary if you were using the database
which is already transaction and multiuser safe and you are writing php
files with code each time an invoice is made.
Have you at all thought about 4-5 people making invoices at a time?
Why are you still hardcoding strings in the code?
Why not trust the database to avoid overlapping? I mean the database
guys have solved this problem a long time ago, who are we to invent a
new untested system?

As normal you leave aside the community.

I know I am becomming a persona non grata here, but somebody has to say
these things. If you keep in this line this product is doomed.

Joe
TSolucio