[Vtigercrm-developers] Changing invoice numbers

Jens Hamisch jens at Strawberry.COM
Fri May 11 08:03:35 PDT 2007

Hi,

originally the invoice number was just the CRMEntity ID.
As it is for any other entity like quotes, so, ...
But: hasn't there been a recent change on that (just invoices)?

What about a generic solution to that issue, too?
I was already thinking about introducing "ranges of numbers",
a table that defines the format of particular numbers, like
invoice-numbers, product-numbers etc.

Especially for invoices we need some automatism. Some govern-
ments - Germany !!! - forces companies to provide an determi-
nistic numbering scheme for invoices. So this field cannot be
assigned manually to each invoice.

jens

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 04:38:26PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> is it possible (by the db schema) to change invoice numbers ?
>
> I don't like the automatic numbering very much and like to change
> the numbers.
>
> I suspect similar trouble as w/ the org/company name ;-O
>

> cu
>  Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
>
>   phone:     +49 36207 519931         www:       http://www.metux.de/
>   fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
>   cellphone: +49 174 7066481
>  -- DSL ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP -- Hosting -- Webshops --

         s t r a w b e r r y      e d v - s y s t e m e      g m b h

     SSSSSSSSS       Am Flosskanal 7            Jens Hamisch
   SSSSSSSSSSSSS     D-82515 Wolfratshausen     Geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
  SSSSS-----SSSSS
 ---SSSSS---------   fon (+49 8171) 41805-0
 -----SSSSSSS-----   fax (+49 8171) 41805-59
 ---------SSSSS---   info at strawberry.com        jens.hamisch at strawberry.com
  SSSSS-----SSSSS                               mobil: (+49 172) 8104162
   SSSSSSSSSSSSS     Geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
     SSSSSSSSS       Jens Hamisch

   a g   m u e n c h e n   H R B   9 3 2 8 7  -  D E   1 2 9  4 6 7  5 1 8