[Vtigercrm-developers] understanding vtiger_entity2org

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Wed May 9 04:42:40 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

could anyone please explain what the table vtiger_entity2org
actually is for ?

As far as I understood it, we map the entities (ie. users are
entities ?) to the organisation.

Now I wonder if an entity can be associated to more than one
organisation. If not, it's trivial to move that information
directly to the entity's record and skip (maybe drop) this table.

BTW: AFAIK we use the org's *NAME* here, not the (numerical)
ID or some unique ident. That's a really bad idea, ie. makes
changing the org name very, very complicated.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481