[Vtigercrm-developers] Edited the Migration process described by Andrew Rodes...

Torsten Zenk tzenk at gmx.net
Tue Mar 13 20:01:45 PDT 2007

...and as i don´t have edit/make rights to the wiki would someone please
add this at the right places:
This document was originally made by Andrew Rodes, Jan 19, 2007; 07:08pm
and edited by Torsten Zenk, Mar 14, 2007 03:45am because of an error
that was forced by missing language files (last migration i successfully
tested it with was from 5.02 to 5.02 SVN10430)

I have used the following method with success in the past to do local
development and verification from one point release to another:

   1. get latest version from svn
(http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/trunk) for example into
a new folder locally
   2. export the used version of the DB using mysql export tool .. for
example I export a working 5.0.2 db, and reimport it as a new name ..
say 5.0.3
   3. Copy over the config_inc.php and config_db.php to the new folder
from older folder ( 5.0.2->5.0.3)
   4. Modify the appropriate settings in the 2 config files from step 3
replacing the old db and url information with the new db and url info.
   5. Copy over user_privileges_1.php and sharing_privileges_1.php from
the user_privileges folder from the old install to the new ( 5.0.2->5.0.3)
   6. Copy over the language files from the old install to the same
place in the new install (otherwise you will get an include error) The
folders with the language files you have to care about are in
include/language and all modules/language files.
   7. launch a browser and point it to the new folder (localhost/vtiger503)
   8. goto settings->sharing access and recalculate them via the
recalculate button

if you are having troubles getting the copied version to work in 5.0.3,
try rebuilding it in the previous version and copying them over again.
Also, it may depend on what version the old privileges files are in ..
perhaps trying to go from 5.0.0 to 5.0.3 wont work. I don’t know as I
have just moved along with point releases. I am not an expert on this
stuff, but thought I might reply to your question with stuff I have tried.

If you are still having problems, I could send you my working privileges
file which I think will work for admin since I am using the default
admin password which appears to be the only critical item stored in the
privileges file.

Best Regards
Torsten Zenk