[Vtigercrm-developers] How to achieve modularization in vtiger?

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Thu Jun 21 03:35:10 PDT 2007

* David V. <davidv.net at gmail.com> schrieb:

Hi folks,

the most important step now, IMHO, is to implement and middleware
layer with really _clean_ and strict interfaces. The current "bean"
model seems to couple database access and web interface too heavily.

For example billing: we should have some class VTIGER_Invoice which
encapsulates evrything that belongs to an invoice. All things like
retrieving information (accessible via object variables), add or
remove items, etc, etc, up to the whole calculation stuff should
be handled by this class. The web frontend then just opens such an
object and only prints out its variables or calls methods.

We need very clean and robust interfaces. This is absolutely
required for real modularization.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de