[Vtigercrm-developers] Template/themes small modifications

Frank Alcantara frank at thyamad.com
Mon Jun 11 06:35:11 PDT 2007

First of all, this is my first post in this list so, Congratulations vtiger
is a excellent project.
Second, we are Brazilians, and we have some special needs to implement in
Vtiger, some about legislation and some about each client requests. I've
been working with vtiger last week to accomplish some of those needs and end
up for create a new template/themes structure.

In few words I did a smarty.config.php modification to point the templates
files to a dir structure which is very similar to the theme structure. In
few words if you want to create a new template struture for a special theme
all you need to do is create a directory under smarty/template with the same
name of your theme. As my English is so bad, I Will try to explain better.

I have company called thyamad, so I did a theme also called thyamad and did
all my theme's modifications there. However thyamad needs some special
template modifications new functionalities etc, then I create a directory
in smarty/template/thyamad copied all files from smarty/template to this new
directory and now all modifications in Thyamad template will only change
thyamad functionalities. By the way, I removed all files from
smarty/templates to smarty/templates/default so I have no files on
smarty/templates and there is a default directory where all default template
files are. I tested this structure against all themes in version 5.0.3 and
it worked well.

As I did not followed this project since its begin I am wondering if such
theme/template structure is useful for someone else or not and if I am did
it correctly.

Thank you very much for your time and attention. Of course all comments will
be really very welcome.

--
Frank Alcantara
http://tecnologia.thyamad.com