[Vtigercrm-developers] increasing session lifetime

Alexander Rothenberg ar at im-netz.de
Wed Feb 21 11:02:09 PST 2007

Hello all,
im experimenting with the newest release of the vtigerCRM 5.0.3 and im trying
to increase the session-lifetime for loggedin users. I tried other values for
the php_ini settings "session.gc_maxlifetime" and "session.cache_expire" but
they seem have nothink to do with the lifetime... i changed them but it
doesnt work... i found then the adodb session functions for
example "adodb/session/adodb-session.php" at line 235 and changed it but i
found out that the whole file is not used anywhere. I didnt found anythink on
the whole authentification process that shows me the session-lifetime.

I found out that for one user (admin for example), if many peoples use the
admin-user on different computers in the same vtigerCRM, they all increase
the session-lifetime of this user. I mean, if i login as admin and do nothink
for houers, but some other users login as admin too and work with the system,
they keep my session alife wihtout any actions from me, so i searched the
lifetime at the vtiger-database. vtiger_loginhistory and vtiger_users dont
have any session-lifetime-related values, but i didnt found anythink else.
PLEASE HELP

regards,
Alexander Rothenberg