[Vtigercrm-developers] New patch for utf-8 characters (ticket 2876)

Erik Bent erik at bentware.nl
Sun Feb 18 12:04:08 PST 2007

Hello team,

I finally found a solution for the ajax edit with utf characters (I
hope). The entered text is transformed to a string without % character
(in dtlviewajax.js: % => |) and then send to php (routine
utf8RawUrlDecode in utils.php). There the | character is translated to %
and the %XX and %uXXXX are translated to characters.
I have used html_entity_decode to convert Ώ back to unicode for php
5 (according to www.php.net). In php 4 the text stays Ώ but on the
screen the correct character is displayd (Ώ).

Regards,
Erik