[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger munchNmeet in Munich & Paris

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Wed Aug 15 13:05:22 PDT 2007

Hi Joe,

I apologize for the short notice. We had some schedule constraints that would have pushed the trip into October if we couldn't do it next week. Since we'll be in the area to meet a client, i wanted to use the opportunity to meet local partners/users who can fit it into their schedule. I felt the best setting to do it is to reserve a conference room and invite people. Because of the short notice and the holidays, i was only expecting a limited response. The Paris get together will be more of a one-on-one meetings as so far only a couple of members have expressed availability.  In Munich, we have a few more members so we will have a group session along with some one-on-one meetings.

I guess this is our first attempt at organizing a community event, if we can call it that. I am certainly looking forward to see how it turns out and learn from it.

We'll be in Paris on 20th and 21st, and in Munich in 22nd and 23rd. The gettogether will be on 21st in Paris and 23rd in Munich. Time and Location details will be posted shortly. If you are able to make it to either one of these, we would like to spend some time one-on-one with you and get additional input on a some of the issues you raised.

Regards,
Sreenvias

----On Wed, 15 Aug 2007  Joe Bordes <joe at tsolucio.com> wrote ----

                                                                                    Hi,

Sad to hear that. This is really short notice
As I said it is holidays over here and we land back in on monday. You
don't even make it sure with less than a week distance. You are still
planning?!?

Let me put what I am going to say next into context:

When we talked I told you about the emotional bank accounts, where every
person opens a bank account with every other person he meets and the
relation is defined by the balance of the account at any given moment.
Every person makes deposits and withdrawals with their acts, the good
part of this analogy is that while what may be for you a deposit can be
converted into a withdrawal by the receiving part, that is where
misunderstanding and "real" life relations fit in.
I told you this because vtiger now has a negative balance in my personal
account so you need to make many deposits to reestablish the relation.

This negative balance makes me understand this emails and situation as:

"Sreenivas just got here, so lets take him to see our friends in germany
and we can make it a political event and tell the world that we are
going to germany to have a get-together".
"Good idea, but we will have to invite the community"
"Thats OK, nobody will probably come and we'll cut the details real
short so anybody who thought of comming can't get it organized on time."

Truth is that I may just wait for that "next" europe trip. That way I'll
have time to see if you fix this negative balance a little.

In any case I would like to know how many people are going, who will be
there and all the details of the get-together to evaluate if I keep on
"investing" my vacations on this. Please ASAP.

Sorry to be so harsh, and please correct me if I am wrong.

Joe
TSolucio