[Vtigercrm-developers] Browser freezing on big attachment downloads

René Herrmann rene.herrmann at gmx.ch
Sun Apr 8 14:43:29 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I had a problem after enabling bigger attachments (>50MB) with the
customer portal.
Downloading such huge attachments (it is good to have huge attachments
for making patch releases to customers) let the browser crash.
This was because the file content gets stored into a session variable.
I documented this issue and proposed code for a solution:
http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/3646

please check this, sorry I forgot to post a diff, so just tell me if
you like my idea and I will post a diff so you could commit.
I would also be willing to commit it by myself, if you give me access
and some info how you do reviews or quality checks.

kind regards
Rene