[Vtigercrm-developers] How to handle feature integrations for 5.1?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 11:12:07 PDT 2006

Richie wrote:
> I want to know how to handle feature submissions given by various vtiger
> users into the 5.0.0 trunk. Is there any specific process that needs to
> be followed?

Its really just a matter of making a trac ticket, documenting the patch,
the changesets committed, and if absolutely necessary make a short lived
branch do the work without destabilizing the trunk.

The more general comment to be made here is that all work done in the
repository should take the fullest advantage of trac tickets, and smart
trac references in the commit message (e.g. "fixes #0095. fleem added").

We lose a tremendous amount of trac labor-saving potential with every
generic 'fixes done' commit message or 'fixed' ticket closing message.