[Vtigercrm-developers] How to determine if 5.0.2 is needed or should directly go to 5.1?

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Wed Sep 20 10:22:41 PDT 2006

Hi!

I am flooding the mailing list I think but please this is no spam :-)!

How does one determine when to make the jump from the 5.0.x to a 5.y?
Anyway, 5.y is going to be the final destination which is going to be a superset of fixes and features right?
What criteria are used to determine this? Often in the past, I have made this mistake
of jumping the gun immediately after a release and working on the next big thing.
I realise that this approach is flawed but am not able to pinpoint why it is flawed.
Matt has explained this to me many a times but I still do not get it.

Kindly explain to me once again please.

Richie