[Vtigercrm-developers] Problems in Connecting to IMAP Server and DB Migration in vtiger-5.0

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 22:41:33 PDT 2006

On 18/09/06, Matthew Brichacek <mmbrich at fosslabs.com> wrote:
> The connection string seems to be a hit and miss depending on the email
> server.  If I put too many connection attempts into the MailBox class it
> slows the system down considerably for each attempt.  I'll work on it
> some more, have been out of town and missed the 5.0.0 release :(.
>
> Matt

Dear Matt,
   I would like to bring to your notice some of the issues I notices
in modules/Webmails.
First of all, the vtiger connection string never includes a string
like "{localhost:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}". It is seen that a
checking for
$this->ssltype == "ssl" is included from the source, but the ssltype
variable will never get a value like "SSL", because such a value is
never returned from the UI. and hence a IMAP connection to port no 993
is not possible. It would be nice to include a radio button which has
a value "SSL" in the Email Settings form along with TLS and NOTLS, so
that users can enable SSL connection to 993.

regards
Manilal