[Vtigercrm-developers] vtigercrm5 released

Allan Bush allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 07:51:04 PDT 2006

Congratulations on the release.

I'm sure everyone deserves a couple days off now.

I hate to nag but a release should never occur when there are
outstanding bugs will a target milestone of the release version.  All
these bugs: http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=5.0.0
should have been cleared off (either closed or had their milestone
bumped) before the 5.0 release.  It looks a little unprofessional to
create a release with so many known outstanding issues.

Also all open bugs with a version of 5.0-RC
(http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&version=5.0-RC&order=priority)
should be reviewed against the 5.0 release now and either marked as
fixed or have their version bumped to 5.0.

Moving forward their should probably be 2 new targeted releases; 5.0.1
and 5.1.0.  A 5.0 branch should be created and all bug fixes should be
applied to it for a 5.0.1 release.  Meanwhile all new features should
be added to the trunk code which will become the 5.1 release in time.
Bug fixes applied to the 5.0 branch should also be applied to the
trunk code when appropriate.

This is of course all my opinion and open to discussion.