[Vtigercrm-developers] Support Tickets

Joseph Le Brech Joseph.LeBrech at yearsley.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 07:41:19 PDT 2006

Maybe if people have different ways of doing things, then maybe a Time
data type could be required in the custom fields, and maybe rather than
custom fields to always be called custom fields from the area in a form
maybe a "category name" could be assigned to the fields so that they are
grouped together by whatever category name they were given..

"Tim Smith" <smith.timsmith at gmail.com>
Sent by: vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com
12/09/2006 15:21
Please respond to
vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Support Tickets

Hi Joe,

There are several measures of time that should be considered.  Though not
all these may be supported, they will eventually so they need to be
thought about.

"Elapsed Time" is the normal measure of how much time elapsed from open to
close status.

"Effort Time" is a measure of effort and is probably most relevant to the
TTTimecards project.  A support task may stay open for a week but the
support rep might spend an hour here and 15 minutes there until the
project is closed.

"Response Time" is how long we took to respond and is generally evaluated
against a guarantee.  For example, if someone has a "gold" contract then
you might guarantee a response within 30 minutes of opening.  A "platinum"
contract might guarantee a 15 minute response.

"Contract Time" is like Elapsed Time in that the time is measured from
open to close status.  The difference is time is measured differently
depending on (hopefully) configuration and/or a contract associated with
the incident.  A silver contract may guarantee closure in 5 work days.  A
gold contract may guarantee closure within 24 working hours.  A platinum
contract may guarantee closure within 24 hours.  So the silver and gold
contract measure time in work days but platinum guarantees someone will
work all night long to get something done.  The definition of a work day
will vary.  For example, 6am to 6pm GMT, Monday through Friday and 8am to
3pm Saturday.  You also have to deal with holidays.

A simple way to handle all these time measures is to allow only one
definition of time.  "We work 9 to 5, Monday to Friday except holidays"
and one definition for a contract.  That way you don't have to support a
contract system.

------------
Ideally, I think what Joeseph requested would be related to "Response
Time" or "Contract Time" because it is what you are guaranteeing.

In MarketForce, we showed a graph that was  Green -> Yellow -> Red.  You
defined an amount of time for each color depending on the contract.  For
example, a platinum contract had 3 minutes for Green, 8 minutes for Yellow
and 4 minutes for Red.  A bar would cross the colors to indicate how much
time had progressed.

For a first version, I would prefer a simple Green/Yellow/Red graphic as
described except there would be only one configuration for time (not based
on contracts).  I would like to see those graphs for Response Time and
Elapsed Time since those are most useful.

Kind regards,
Tim

OnwealdTim